The ultimate s’mores nice cream! This vegan chocolate ice cream is filled with chocolate, cookies, and marshmallows. Vegan + nut free recipe!
This recipe is in my top 10 favorite desserts for summer.
Made with simple ingredients like bananas, dairy free milk, and cocoa powder, this nice cream is perfect for summer nights. The best part? No ice cream maker required!
I love a good chocolate nice cream, but this time I wanted to make it extra special. And what is a more perfect combination than summer and s’mores?
Why You’ll Love this S’mores Nice Cream
- Super easy to make
- Classic s’mores taste in banana nice cream
- Dairy free, Egg free, Nut free, Gluten free options, and more!
Here is a quick rundown of what ingredients you’ll need for this s’mores nice cream. See the recipe card for exact measurements.
- Bananas: The more ripe the bananas are the better the ice cream will be! I like to have my bananas get tons of freckles and spots. Then, I slice them into coins and freeze them on a parchment lined baking sheet for a few hours. Then, I transfer them into a freezer safe container for longer storage.
- Cocoa Powder: You can use either natural or Dutch processed cocoa powder. Both have great results.
- Dairy free Milk: Any kind of dairy free milk will work in this recipe so you can use the one that works best for your allergy needs.
- Graham Crackers: There are lots of options for vegan or gluten free graham crackers so use the one you prefer. If you can’t find graham crackers that work for you, try using sugar cones crumbled instead!
- Marshmallows: I really like Dandies Marshmallows as they are free from gelatin, food dyes, and are naturally vegan.
- Chocolate Sauce: A good chocolate sauce is essential for this recipe, both to mix into the nice cream and for drizzling on top!
- You’ll Also need: Vanilla, sugar, and a pinch of salt!
A good high-speed blender or food processor is essential for this recipe. If you have a traditional (non high speed) blender, this recipe will still work, it just might not have the same soft-serve consistency.
Make sure to check out the recipe card below for the full recipe and ingredient list.
Making this is pretty easy!
First, into the blender, add the dairy free milk, frozen bananas, and vanilla. Blend this a few times before adding the cooca powder and salt. Then, blend on high speed until it all comes together!
You may need to scrape it down a few times or use a blending stick to make sure that all the ingredients are fully blended.
Next comes the layering. Pour half of the nice cream into a parchment lined container (I used a metal bread loaf pan) or other freezer safe container and spread it evenly. Then, sprinkle the crushed graham crackers (or sugar cone), a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and the marshmallows.
Tip! You can melt the marshmallows in the microwave for 45 seconds so they get a bit melty and then spread them into the nice cream. This helps to evenly distribute it. Or, if you are using mini marshmallows, just scatter them in the nice cream.
Now pour the remaining half of the nice cream on top. Sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker crumbs, marshmallows, and a final drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Let this freeze for 2 hours to have a soft-serve consistency. Let it freeze for 4 to 6 hours for a more scoopable texture. Serve and enjoy!
Tip! If it is too hard to scoop, let it rest for 5 minutes on the countertop.
How to Store
Store any leftover nice cream in a freezer safe container for up to a month. Make sure that it is in a sealed container.
Allow the nice cream to rest on the countertop for 10 minutes before scooping to allow it to soften slightly.
More Summertime Dessert Recipes
Want to save this recipe for later? Add it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest!
If you try these out, please leave a comment below! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, vegan friendly recipes you can subscribe to the newsletter. Did you make these? Please tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest! I love to see your creations!
- blender or food processor
- measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Freezer safe container
- parchment paper
- 4 bananas frozen, about 4 cups
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbled
- ½ cup chocolate sauce
- Freeze the bananas. Peel and slice the ripe bananas into 1-inch thick coins and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours or until fully frozen before transferring to a freezer safe container for longer storage.
- Prep the container and ingredients. Line a freezer safe container with parchment paper to help prevent sticking. Slightly smash the graham crackers (or sugar cones). Soften the marshmallows or cut them into bite sized pieces. Set these all aside while making the chocolate nice cream.
- Blend the s’mores nice cream. In a large blender or food processor, add the frozen bananas, dairy free milk, and vanilla. Blend this together for about a minute before adding the cocoa powder and salt. Blend on high until fully combined. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Layer and freeze. Pour half of the nice cream into the prepared freezer safe container. Sprinkle half of the graham crackers, half of the marshmallows, and half of the chocolate sauce. Swirl together with a spoon. Then, pour the remaining half of the nice cream on top and top with the remaining graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate sauce. Freeze for 2 hours or until scoopable. Scoop and serve! After freezing overnight, allow the nice cream to rest on the kitchen countertop for 10 minutes to make it easier to scoop.
- How to Store
- Store any leftover nice cream in a freezer safe container for up to a month. Make sure that it is in a sealed container.
- Allow the nice cream to rest on the countertop for 10 minutes before scooping to allow it to soften slightly.