Fresh, quick, and easy raspberry and strawberry spinach salad with dairy free poppyseed dressing is perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
This fresh and delicious dairy free salad is perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner Packed with spinach and sweet, juice raspberries and strawberries, this salad is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. Plus, with a creamy dairy-free poppy seed dressing, it’s a salad you can enjoy all week long.
This classic spinach salad is not only delicious but also beautiful with all the vibrant colors and textures. It’s the perfect meal for anyone looking for a tasty way to add more greens into their diet.
This makes the perfect side salad to weeknight dinners or summertime get togethers.
Why You’ll Love this Spinach Salad
- Bright, fresh, and colorful
- Perfect for lunch or dinner
- Sweet, creamy, crunchy, and satisfying
Here is a quick rundown of the things you will need to make this salad. I love that all the ingredients are ones I can easily get from my local grocery store.
- For the Salad Ingredients: Spinach! I love to mix in some arugula as well. Any combination of spinach and leafy greens is perfect. Then add red onions, avocado slices, raspberries, and freeze dried strawberries for a fun crunch!
- For the Poppyseed Dressing Ingredients: Start with a base of an unflavored and unsweetened dairy free yogurt. Soy and coconut based yogurts both are excellent. Then add maple syrup for sweetness, a bit of apple cider vinegar for acidity, and the poppyseeds, of course!
Tip! If you love red onions but don’t love the burn, rinse the sliced red onions under cool water for a few minutes. This will remove the majority of the sulfur that causes the burn but keeps the fresh, crisp onion flavor.
Different toppings: Vegan feta cheese, slivered almonds, walnuts, or pecans. Add fresh fruits like fresh strawberries in addition to the dried.
If you are avoiding nuts but still want something crunchy, try this salad with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds!
For a refreshing twist, adding slices of mandarin oranges is a really good combination.
Make sure to check out the recipe card below for the full recipe and ingredient list.
First up, make the poppyseed dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dairy free yogurt, the maple syrup, the apple cider vinegar, and the poppyseeds. This comes together pretty quickly. If you like a more thick dressing, feel free to add up to double the amount of yogurt.
Alternatively, you can add the dressing ingredients into a mason jar, close the lid tight, and shake the dressing to combine. I love doing this because any leftover dressing is already in a container.
Next up is assembling the salad. In a large bowl, or on your individual plate, place the salad greens. Top with slices of avocado, red onion, raspberries, strawberries, and vegan feta (if you like).
Drizzle the poppyseed dressing on top and you are done!
Make Ahead & Storage
Make this salad in advance by washing the greens, chopping all fruits and vegetables, and mixing up the dressing. Just store them all in the fridge and in a separate container. Then, when ready to serve, assemble the prepared ingredients.
Store any leftover salad dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure to give it a quick whisk and mix again before topping another salad.
More Fresh Recipes
Want to save this recipe for later? Add it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest!
If you try these out, please leave a comment below! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, vegan friendly recipes you can subscribe to the newsletter. Did you make these? Please tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest! I love to see your creations!
- Mixing spoons
- Mixing bowls
- measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 cups spinach
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup strawberries freeze dried
- 2 tablespoons feta Trader Joe's and Violife make great vegan Feta cheese
- ¼ cup red onion slivered
- ¼ avocado
- ½ cup vegan yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- Pinch salt and onion powder
- Prepare the Poppyseed Dressing. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the dairy free yogurt, the apple cider vinegar, the maple syrup, poppyseeds, pinch of salt and onion powder. Mix well. Alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a mason jar with a tight lid and shake it together.
- Assemble the Salad. Place the spinach (or other mixed greens) in a serving bowl. Add the chopped fruit, vegetables, and drizzle with prepared dressing. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately, with extra dressing and toppings on the side. Enjoy!
- Make Ahead & Storage
- Make this salad in advance by washing the greens, chopping all fruits and vegetables, and mixing up the dressing. Just store them all in the fridge and in a separate container. Then, when ready to serve, assemble the prepared ingredients.
- Store any leftover salad dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure to give it a quick whisk and mix again before topping another salad.